Here are some ideas for creating a crisp resume that will make a positive impact.
- Fit on one page, without resorting to the size type used on postage stamps.
- Put lists in priority order, with the most important entries first.
- Define your current role and responsibilities succinctly.
- Briefly describe your pertinent jobs and responsibilities for the past 5 to 10 years.
- List titles and employers for experience from 10 or more years ago only if the experience is especially relevant to the role for which you are applying.
- Be honest; don’t inflate titles, responsibilities, education, or awards.